Nongrantor Lead Trust
How It Works
- Create trust agreement stating terms of the trust (usually for a term of years) and transfer cash or other property to trustee
- Trustee invests and manages trust assets and makes annual payments to BMC
- Remainder transferred to your heirs
- Annual gift to BMC
- Future gift to heirs at fraction of property's value for transfer-tax purposes
- Professional management of assets during term of trust
- No charitable income-tax deduction, but donor not taxed on annual income of the trust
Request an eBrochure
Paul Miller - Major Gifts Officer
BMC Office of Development
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.
The discussion herein is general in nature and may not apply to all individuals. Prospective donors are urged to consult their personal tax and financial advisors concerning the specific consequences of making gifts to BMC. We would be pleased to discuss, in confidence, ways in which you may support BMC. These measures may also have an impact on your estate planning.