Closely Held Business Stock
How It Works
- You make a gift of your closely held stock to BMC and get a qualified appraisal to determine its value
- You receive a charitable income-tax deduction for the full fair-market value of the stock
- BMC may keep the stock or offer to sell it back to your company
- You receive an income-tax deduction for the fair-market value of stock
- You pay no capital-gain tax on any appreciation
- Your company may repurchase the stock, thereby keeping your ownership interest intact
- BMC receives a significant gift
Request an eBrochure
Which Gift Is Right for You?
Paul Miller - Major Gifts Officer
BMC Office of Development
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.
The discussion herein is general in nature and may not apply to all individuals. Prospective donors are urged to consult their personal tax and financial advisors concerning the specific consequences of making gifts to BMC. We would be pleased to discuss, in confidence, ways in which you may support BMC. These measures may also have an impact on your estate planning.