Charitable Remainder Unitrust
How It Works
- Create trust agreement stating terms of the trust; transfer cash or other property to trustee
- Trustee invests and manages trust assets and makes payments to income beneficiaries you designate
- Remainder to BMC for purposes you specify
- Payments to one or more beneficiaries, varying annually with the value of the trust
- Federal income-tax deduction for the charitable remainder value of your interest
- No capital-gain tax when trust is established; property is sold by the trust
- Trust remainder will provide generous support for BMC
Request an eBrochure
Paul Miller - Major Gifts Officer
BMC Office of Development
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.
The discussion herein is general in nature and may not apply to all individuals. Prospective donors are urged to consult their personal tax and financial advisors concerning the specific consequences of making gifts to BMC. We would be pleased to discuss, in confidence, ways in which you may support BMC. These measures may also have an impact on your estate planning.